Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Newest Painting "Come Follow Me"





Monday Nov. 15th, on KLS's Studio 5, I had the opportunity of sharing my newest painting titled "Come Follow Me".  In the second weekend in December I will be unveiling my original "Come Follow Me" painting and share with you the story behind this painting of the Savior as he invites us to "Come and Follow" him.  The inspiration of this painting came from a quote I read by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin.

"In the midst of the noise and seductive voices that compete for our time and interest, a solitary figure stands on the shore of the Sea of Galilee, calling quietly to us, "Follow Me"

I was thinking it would certainly be nice to meet so many of you in person.  I brought this idea to my team and together we decided to give away 60 VIP tickets to each of my exhibits.  (We have put together a special holiday gift for those who have VIP tickets.) It is first come, first served so you will need to email my publicist (cori.foundationart@gmail.com) with the date and number of tickets you need. (no more than 6 tickets per request)

Dates, Times and Locations available for VIP Tickets:
Friday Dec. 10  6:00 - 9:00 pm ~ Bountiful 255 North 500 West
Saturday Dec. 11 12:00 - 2:00 pm ~ Fort Union 1110 E. Fort Union (2nd Floor in Deseret Book)
Saturday Dec. 11 6:00 - 9:00 pm ~ University Mall 575 East University Pkwy. Suite J-168 Orem

I look forward to meeting those of you who are able to attend.

Liz Lemon Swindle


If you would like to WIN one of my personally signed prints of "Come Follow Me" you can get more information by going to CLICK WIN PRINT.

3 comments:

  1. I want to say thank you for the great giveaway...and I want to shout from the roof top that I won! I have the perfect place for "Be It Unto Me". When it is here and I have hung it up, I will put it on my blog. I let you know when. Thank you again I am so happy, no, over joyed! I wish that I could meet you in person but I take care of my Mom, who doesn't travel well. I also love your new painting! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I've been searching my whole life, really, for a picture of Christ that I really love. I know I'm very picky, but I've been looking for something that FEELS right to me. For the first time ever, I have found a painting that feels like a painting of the Savior should feel- and that is your "Come Follow Me" painting. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I'm wondering if there are any prints of this painting available. I have only been able to find canvases of this painting which seem to start at $150, which is more than I can afford, I'm afraid. Can you tell me if there are any more options or if there will be in the future? Thank you so much.

    You can email me at ShabbyBlogs (at) gmail.com. Again, thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete