Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 19, 2010

I've had a good painting day. I started early and I'm ready to head home. I worked on my shepherd piece today. I like two titles, the first from Handel's Messiah; "And the glory of the Lord shows 'round about them" and from Isaiah "And He shall feed His flock like a shepherd." Isa. 40:11


I have this young man in my neighborhood who has always had this angelic face and one day in church I imagined him as a shepherd boy and it clicked. I began this piece a couple days ago and it is a delight to work on it. 


Imagine that night the wonder of those shepherds. I like to imagine myself in their shoes, was it cold that night, how bright was the star, did it hurt your eyes to look at it. Would you understand the importance of that night? I love the innocence of a child and chose to convey the story for the shepherd through a child's eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment